Food Allergy Continuing Education for Mental Health Professionals
Mental health professionals and counselors can now earn up to 9 continuing education units/credits (CEU) by taking a comprehensive food allergy continuing education course.
This 11-module, on-demand online home study course offers 9 hours of CEUs through the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC).
Learn new skills to support the 32 million people – including 6+ million children – living in the United States with food allergies. You can complete this course at your own pace. It can help you:
- understand the food allergy experience;
- spread empathy for people with food allergies, their caregivers, and their families;
- recognize and meet mental health and behavioral health food allergy needs.
About the food allergy online course
- 11-module home study, on-demand video training – the Mental Health Professional’s Guide to the Psychosocial Issues of Food Allergy
- Self-paced, on-demand learning – complete it from the comfort of your own home and on your schedule
- Printable slides and reference lists
- Earn 9 credit hours through NBCC for completion of this online course
This first-of-its-kind training was developed by Dr. Gianine Rosenblum, a licensed clinical psychologist and food allergy expert. The training is designed to enhance your practice and give you competence and confidence in working with children, adults and caregivers managing food allergies.
The program offers an in-depth examination of the lived experiences of individuals and families coping with life-threatening food allergies, including psychological and behavioral issues. It provides appropriate assessment and intervention strategies as well.
This course is ideal for:
Licensed counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, or other licensed health professionals wishing to gain knowledge about the mental health and emotional needs of patients and families living with food allergies.
- Presentations by Allergy & Asthma Network experts in the field, including:
- Gianine Rosenblum, PhD, Program Author and Lead Presenter
- Linda Herbert, PhD, Guest Presenter
- Jacqueline Eghrari-Sabet, MD, Guest Presenter
- Foundational knowledge on the medical and psychosocial aspects of food allergy and anaphylaxis
- Behavioral demands and emotional burdens of living with food allergies
- Developmental stages in food allergy (infancy, early childhood, elementary school, upper elementary school, adolescence)
- Crucial information unique to people with food allergies (e.g., oral food challenges, oral immunotherapy)
- Case examples and appropriate interventions
- Strategies for developing empathy (particularly helpful for those new to food allergy)
$350 for the online course, includes 9 continuing education credits.
About the Continuing Education Provider
Allergy & Asthma Network has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No 7189. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Allergy & Asthma Network is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.