Thank you for your interest in our Food Allergy Coach program! This first-of-its-kind training was developed by Dr. Gianine Rosenblum, a licensed clinical psychologist and food allergy expert. The training was designed to enhance your practice and give you competence and confidence in working with food allergy.
The program offers an in-depth examination of the lived experiences of individuals and families coping with life-threatening food allergies, including common psychological and behavioral issues. It provides appropriate assessment and intervention strategies as well.
- 12-module, online webinar series
- Self-paced, on-demand learning – complete it from the comfort of your own home and on your schedule
- Printable slides and reference lists
What the program offers:
- Certified Allergy & Asthma Network Food Allergy Coach designation for one year
- 11 CE hours offered through NBCC* — Check with your state and licensing body about how these CE credits may apply. (*CE approval pending)
- Listing on Allergy & Asthma Network’s website of approved providers
- Promotion of your coaching practice to our network of more than 50,000 asthma and allergy families
- Option to join our HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform for certified coaches only. See clients and enjoy stress-free billing and scheduling via this exclusive platform
- Presentations by Allergy & Asthma Network experts in the field including:
- Gianine Rosenblum, PhD, Program Author and Lead Presenter
- Linda Herbert, PhD, Guest Presenter
- Jacqueline Eghrari-Sabet, MD, Guest Presenter
- Foundational knowledge on the medical and psychosocial aspects of food allergy and anaphylaxis
- The behavioral demands and emotional burdens of living with food allergies
- Developmental stages in food allergy (infancy, early childhood, elementary school, upper elementary school, adolescence)
- Crucial information unique to people with food allergies (e.g., oral food challenges, oral immunotherapy)
- Case examples and appropriate interventions
- Strategies for developing empathy (particularly helpful for those new to food allergy)
Who is it for?
Licensed mental health professionals only – counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, psychologists, etc. Please note: other health professionals may take the program; however, your professional licensing body will dictate your ability to deliver sessions with clients.
- Food allergy population is growing – more than 30 million patients, including a significant percentage in need of mental health support
- New career workers – grow your practice
- Mid-career practitioners – add to your practice
- Individual, family and group work options
- First national coaching program for licensed mental health professionals created by a food allergy nonprofit
- Listed with our national list of food allergy coaches
For the initial $500 training and certification fee, you receive 12 hours of on-demand training, Allergy & Asthma Network Food Allergy Coach Certification. You also receive:
- The opportunity to use our HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform (otherwise use your own HIPAA-compliant platform)
- CE credits for training
- Promotion of your coaching services to our network of 50,000+ asthma and allergy families
- Listing as an approved coach on Allergy & Asthma Network’s website
After the first year, the annual fee is $300 to retain the above benefits.
If you have questions, please contact:
Allergy & Asthma Network President and CEO
Sloane Miller, LMSW
Food Allergy Coach Program Lead