Recruitment for this study is now closed
Are you struggling living with Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)? We are currently recruiting people with EoE to take part in a clinical study called MESSINA.
EoE is a chronic condition that occurs when an elevated number of inflammatory cells called eosinophils cause swelling in the esophagus, making it difficult to swallow.
Who can join the study?
You may be able to join this study if you:
- are 12 to 65 years of age
- received a confirmed diagnosis of EoE
- have trouble swallowing (at least twice a week)
The findings of this study will be used to help develop new EoE treatments.
If you are eligible to take part, you:
- Will receive expert medical care, related to the study, at no cost to you
- May receive compensation, relating to time and travel costs
- Will help make a difference for people diagnosed with EoE in the future
During this study you will receive an experimental treatment which is being evaluated for EoE. As the treatment is experimental, it is not yet known whether it is safe or effective in EoE. Ask your doctor about taking part in the MESSINA study.
Sponsored by AstraZeneca