Unidos Hablemos de… Asthma & COVID-19 Conference
Unidos Hablemos de…
United, Let’s Talk About…
Facing the Pandemic: Living with Asthma and COVID-19 in the Hispanic & Latinx Community
What is the Unidos Hablemos de….(United, Let’s Talk about…) Virtual Conference Series?
This virtual conference series is six monthly, one-hour online events offered in Spanish and English. We want to have a conversation with you – as a member of the Hispanic and Latinx community. Together, we will talk to better understand your needs about:
- the impact of asthma and COVID-19 in your community.
- what you and your family need to improve your asthma care and stay safe from COVID-19.
What we will cover in this event:
- Information to help you make informed decisions about asthma or COVID-19 care.
- How getting involved in research can help answer questions that are important to you and your family.
Who should attend?
- Hispanic and Latinx patients, families and caregivers affected by asthma and/or COVID-19
- Healthcare professionals, medical researchers, clergy and faith-based leaders, and other stakeholders
- All people who wish to better understand the healthcare needs of the Hispanic/Latinx community
Vivian Hernandez-Trujillo, MD, Director, Division of Allergy & Immunology, Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, Miami Lakes, Florida
Purvi Parikh, MD, FACP, FACAAI, Medical Director at Allergy and Asthma Associated of Murray Hill, New York City, New York
Rev. Dorothy “Dot” Delarosa, Pastor and Patient Advisor
Angel Melendez, Patient Advisor with lifelong asthma
Tonya Winders, President/CEO, Allergy & Asthma Network
This conference was funded through a Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award #EAIN 21130