SAVE THE DATE!
November 10, 2023
Every year since 2015, Allergy & Asthma Network and the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology have hosted the USAsthma Summit. The Summit is an engaging, interactive one-day event. It is FREE to attend. The Summit is available as an in-person event and via livestream.
The goal of the Summit is to address the state of asthma and asthma care in the United States. Attendees share lessons learned and best practices from national, state and community asthma programs. They discuss ways to advocate for patients and advance guidelines-based asthma care.
Who is invited to attend?
- asthma coalitions
- state asthma programs
- doctors (allergists, pulmonologists, pediatricians, primary care, etc.)
- nurses (including school nurses)
- community health workers
- asthma patients
- key stakeholders and anyone interested in learning about asthma
The USAsthma Summit is partially supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Highlights from the Nov. 11, 2022 USAsthma Summit in Louisville:
- Approximately 150 people attended the Summit in person.
- More than 800 watched online via livestream.
- Key topics included:
- how to implement stock albuterol in public schools
- engaging Hispanic/Latino and underserved communities in asthma care
- the importance of asthma health literacy
- asthma and vaping in children and adolescents
- indoor air quality for tenants with asthma
- how to help asthma patients navigate health care