SAVE THE DATE!
October 25, 2024
Allergy & Asthma Network and the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology host the annual USAsthma Summit. The Summit is an engaging, interactive one-day event. It is FREE to attend. The Summit is available as an in-person event and via livestream.
The purpose of the Summit is to address the state of asthma and asthma care in the United States. Presenters and attendees share lessons learned and best practices from national, state and community asthma programs. They discuss ways to advocate for patients and advance Guidelines-based asthma care.
Who is invited to attend?
- asthma coalitions
- state asthma programs
- doctors (allergists, pulmonologists, pediatricians, primary care, etc.)
- nurses (including school nurses)
- community health workers
- asthma patients and caregivers
- key stakeholders and anyone interested in learning about asthma
Highlights from the Nov. 10, 2023 USAsthma Summit in Anaheim, California:
- Approximately 65 people attended the Summit in person.
- More than 350 watched online via livestream.
- Key topics included:
- How to reduce asthma disparities and improve health equity
- Can asthma go into remission?
- GINA 2023 updates including budesonide-formoterol and budesonide-albuterol combination medications
- Impact of social media in patient care decisions
- Barriers to medication adherence
- Training community health workers to conduct in-home asthma assessments