SAVE THE DATE!
November 11, 2022
Every year since 2015, Allergy & Asthma Network and the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology host the USAsthma Summit. The Summit is an engaging, interactive one-day event. It is FREE to attend. The Summit is available as an in-person event and via livestream.
The goal of the Summit is to address the state of asthma and asthma care in the United States. Attendees share lessons learned and best practices from national, state and community asthma programs. They discuss ways to advocate for patients and advance guidelines-based asthma care.
Who is invited to attend?
- asthma coalitions
- state asthma programs
- doctors (allergists, pulmonologists, pediatricians, primary care, etc.)
- nurses (including school nurses)
- community health workers
- asthma patients
- key stakeholders and anyone interested in learning about asthma
The USAsthma Summit is partially supported by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Highlights from the Nov. 5, 2021 USAsthma Summit in New Orleans:
- Approximately 50 people attended the Summit in person.
- More than 700 watched online via livestream.
- Key topics included:
- the future of asthma treatment in the age of COVID-19
- long-haul COVID-19
- how to build an asthma lifestyle plan
- a closer look at severe, eosinophilic asthma
- use of controller inhalers as-needed in asthma car
- the continued growth of telemedicine