New food allergy treatments and ways to live with the condition are transforming the lives of patients and families. On Oct. 1-2, 2022, Allergy & Asthma Network partnered with Global Food Therapy for the 2nd annual Global Food Allergy Summit. Together they addressed food allergies from diagnosis to emergency treatment to preventive care.
The Summit was held in person at the Tysons Corner Marriott in Virginia. It was also available via our free interactive livestream. More than 765 people registered for one or both days of the Summit. They hailed from 50 countries around the world!
The Global Food Allergy Summit engages people living with food allergies, families and caregivers on diagnosis, prevention and treatment options. Sessions are designed to provide cutting-edge, practical and easy-to-understand information and education.
Attendees heard from food allergy experts and advocates from around the world. They had opportunities to ask questions through the interactive livestream. Among the presenters were:
- people living with food allergies
- board-certified allergists and pediatricians
- food allergy researchers
- food allergy community advocates
Allergy & Asthma Network is committed to bringing the patient community the latest fair-balanced, evidence-based perspectives in food allergy. We value the expert opinion and experience of those who presented at the Global Food Allergy Summit. We believe it is important for all food-allergic families to explore prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management options fully in a Shared Decision-Making format with a board-certified allergist free from bias.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Network for support on your journey!
Day 1: Saturday, October 1, 10:00 am ET to 2:00 pm ET
Beginning Our Journey Together
- Welcome to the Global Food Allergy Summit – Tonya Winders
- Patient Testimony – Dr. Renee Matthews
- Know Your Why! – Tonya Winders
- Food Allergy: The Real Pandemic – Douglas Jones, MD
- Proper Diagnosis and Testing – Atul Shah, MD
Food Allergy Medical Management Strategies
- Food Allergy Guidelines and Research – Priya Bansal, MD
- Severity of Reactions – Manav Segal, MD
- Impact of Maternal Diet – Nikolaos Papadopoulos, MD
- Early Introduction of Foods (LEAP) – Douglas Mack, MD
- Oral Immunotherapy Goals and Risks – Richard Wasserman, MD; Warner Carr, MD
- What is Your Brand of Genes? – Tina Sindher, MD
Day 2: Sunday, October 2, 10:00 am ET to 2:00 pm ET
Strategies for Living With Food Allergy
- Welcome to Day 2 of the Global Food Allergy Summit – Tonya Winders
- Patient Testimony – Riya Jain
- Ages, Stages and Food Allergy Treatment – Jennifer LeBovidge, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Travel and Dining Out – Kyle Dine, food allergy educator
- Demystifying Food Labels – Ruchi Gupta, MD
Putting It All Together
- Understanding the Stress of Food Allergies, and Behavioral and Emotional Coping – Gianine Rosenblum, PhD, clinical psychologist
- Global Issues and Perspectives – Tonya Winders
- Bringing Food Allergy Treatment to New Places and Spaces – Atul Shah, MD; Kumar Ramlall, MD
- Holistic Abundance – Douglas Jones, MD
- Conclusion: Trusted Resources and Serving You – Tonya Winders, Douglas Jones, MD and Atul Shah, MD
The Global Food Allergy Summit was developed by Douglas Jones, MD, and Atul Shah, MD, co-founders of Global Food Therapy, Inc., with support from Allergy & Asthma Network. Dr. Jones and Dr. Shah are board-certified allergists and immunologists. They are internationally recognized food allergy experts with a combined experience of more than 35 years and caring for 35,000+ patients. Their passion is to provide life-changing therapy to food allergy families.
Douglas Jones, MD
Atul Shah, MD
2022 Global Food Allergy Summit Presenters
Dr. Priya Bansal: Board-Certified Allergist and CEO, Asthma and Allergy Wellness Center. She is on faculty at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
Dr. Manav Segal: Chief of Allergy & Immunology at Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia; he is on the staff at Thomas Jefferson Hospital and Methodist Hospital
Dr. Nikolaos Papadopoulos: Professor and Head, Pediatric Allergy Department, University of Athens, Greece
Dr. Douglas Mack: Pediatric Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Assistant Clinical Professor, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Dr. Richard Wasserman: Medical Director of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology at Medical City Children’s Hospital and practices at Allergy Partners of North Texas.
Dr. Warner Carr: Board-certified in Allergy, Immunology and Internal Medicine. He is on staff at Children’s Health Orange County (CHOC) at Mission Hospital, Mission Viejo, California
Dr. Tina Sindher: Clinical Associate Professor of Allergy and Immunology in the Department of Medicine, division of Pulmonary, Allergy & Critical Care Medicine, Stanford; Sean N. Parker Center for Allergy & Asthma Research, Stanford
Dr. Jennifer LeBovidge: Assistant Professor of Psychology Harvard Medical School, Attending Psychologist Division of Immunology, Boston Children’s Hospital
Kyle Dine: CEO and Founder of Equal Eats
Dr. Ruchi Gupta: Professor of Pediatrics, Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
Dr. Gia Rosenblum: Licensed Psychologist, Specializing in Trauma Treatment and Psychosocial Issues in Food Allergy
Post-Conference All Access Pass!
Global Food Therapy’s Post-Conference All Access Pass allows you to get 1-year access (starting Nov. 3, 2022) to all recorded Summit sessions.
Your Post-Conference All Access Pass is available for $49.00
Have you ever wanted MORE access to food allergy experts? Join Global Food Therapy’s Food Allergy Experts Community
- 6-part online video course covering food allergy, including oral immunotherapy
- Regular video conference calls with food allergy experts
- Updates on innovation in food allergy treatment
- Involvement in a dynamic food allergy community
First month FREE!
After the first month, continue for $10 per month or $97 annually.