May is Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month. This entire month is dedicated to raising public awareness about asthma and allergies, their impact on people and their families, and to promote understanding the importance of diagnosis, treatment, and management.
Here are 12 ways you can join Allergy & Asthma Network in celebrating Asthma and Allergy Awareness month!
- Advocate with us on May 3 by sending letters or emails to members of Congress on Key Issues and federal campaigns, such as, the Safe Step Act or the One School One Nurse Act. It takes less than one minute to make your voice heard!
- Celebrate World Asthma Day on May 2 by downloading your own Asthma Action Plan. Bring it with you to your next appointment and work together with your doctor to fill it out so you have a plan for what to do if an asthma attack strikes.
- Breathe in to Breathe Better – try a yoga pose and share it with us! Yoga may benefit your asthma symptoms. Also, learn how sleep, stress, nutrition and other lifestyle tips can help you better manage your asthma symptoms.
- Use our social media toolkit to share information about asthma and allergies on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use hashtag #AAAM2023 (Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month). Make sure to tag us at @AllergyAsthmaHQ!
- Attend one of our webinars this month to learn more about asthma and allergies.
- Raise awareness about the severity of food allergies by dedicating one day during Food Allergy Awareness Week (May 14-20) to being allergy free from the top 9 allergens! Keep a food diary to keep yourself in check! The top 9 allergens are cow’s milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, and sesame.
- Do you have severe or persistent asthma? If you do, you can get an asthma coach through our Not One More Life Trusted Messengers Asthma Coaching program. Learn more about the free asthma coaching program today!
- Create an asthma and allergy-friendly environment by making adjustments to your home. Work with your employer or your child’s school to identify and fix potential exposures to allergens and irritants.
- Download, purchase, or share our resources such as our popular posters and guides found in our Online Store. Many are also available in Spanish!
- Support us with a 100% tax-free donation so that we can continue to fund our patient programs, including the Not One More Life Trusted Messengers Asthma Coaching program.
- Take Action on the “Protecting Children with Food Allergies Act” during Food Allergy Awareness Week on May 14-20.
- Get involved in research! Become a patient partner in an asthma and/or allergy clinical trial and support advancements in treatment and management for those living with asthma, allergies, and related conditions!
Make sure to keep sharing, advocating and raising awareness for people living with asthma, allergies, and related conditions. We appreciate you celebrating Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month with us throughout May!