Allergy & Asthma Network joined with nearly 200 organizations in sending a letter to the Biden Administration and Congressional leadership urging them to prioritize healthcare core values in the next economic recovery legislation.
These priorities include:
- Placing healthcare at the center of our country’s infrastructure.
- Prioritizing access to and easy enrollment in affordable health coverage
- Addressing the pre-existing health and economic inequities that led to the COVID-19 pandemic’s harmful impact on communities of color, LGBTQ+ people, immigrants, people with disabilities and older adults, among others.
- Ending pharmaceutical industry abuses.
- Lowering the price of prescription drugs by allowing Medicare to negotiate directly with drug manufacturers.
“If the pandemic has taught us anything, it is that every person in our communities has a stake in all of our health and access to healthcare,” the letter reads. “But families across America are still falling through the cracks without permanent solutions that provide support to at-risk populations to access basic healthcare and achieve good health in an affordable way.”